Some areas and soils are better for growing coriander than others. Before doing any more planning, find out if they will grow well on your farm. You will need to do a soil test to determine this. It will tell you:
- How healthy your soil is
- Which fertilisers to add to make your soil better
- Which crops will grow well in your soil.
Coriander (commonly known as Dhania) is a very sweet spice. It is rich in Vitamin C and minerals, signified by the dark-green colour. The crop is also easy to grow.
- Dhania can be grown on a wide range of soils but it does best in well-drained alluvial or light sandy loam, rich in organic matter.
- It does not tolerate heavy rains or waterlogging.
- The herb grows well in mild warm to cool weather and you can make shade to cover it in hot areas.